Grounding (also called earthing) is literally reconnecting your body with the ground (earth). It is the basis of healing. Here is how it works: 1) The earth is a universal electron donor. What that means is that the earth provides negative charges (electrons) to any positively charged particle that needs them.
2) Oxidative stress is neutralized by grounding. Pollution, poor nutrition, lack of adequate sleep and many other things can cause the body to oxidize molecules (develop a positive charge). This can lead to tissue and DNA damage. Grounding helps to neutralize this effect by providing electrons.
3) Some hormone imbalances can be corrected with grounding. If your hormone imbalance is a result of stress, returning your body to a more relaxed, grounded state, can correct the hormone imbalance.
4) Disturbed sleep may be helped by grounding. If you are having sleep problems, grounding can help to restore better sleep by lowering the levels of the hormone cortisol (which is responsible for your sleep/wake cycles).
5) The effects of aging can be helped by grounding. Oxidative stress contributes to aging. Grounding helps to correct oxidative stress and can help relieve the effects of aging, such as DNA damage, varicose veins, and spider veins.
6) If you work indoors all day, work or live above the ground floor, drive a car, don’t get outside much, or live in a stressful environment my strong suggestion is that you learn as much as you can about grounding/earthing and take measures to ground yourself.
Grounding can be as simple as walking barefoot in the grass. It can be sleeping on the bare ground as well. However, there are simpler ways to ground yourself in today’s modern world. There are conductive fabrics that can be connected to the earth that will act as if your body is on the ground, even if you are in the comfort of your bed, at your computer or are in your favorite chair. You can learn more about how grounding/earthing works by clicking here. You can order the book “Earthing” or visit their product selection. If you are a do-it-yourselfer, you can order the fabrics and materials to create your own grounding system here. Or you can visit our office for pre-made earthing sheets and more information on earthing products.